Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Vampirella by Gene Gonzales


Art © 2012 Gene Gonzales

I went for a cheesecake approach for Vampirella. Not menacing or too racy. I had done three rough sketches and then did a Google search for the costume details and on the first image page I saw variations of all three poses I did. So I came up with a fourth, more interesting pose for me to do, but had trouble with some of the figure. Luckily my wife is always willing to help me out and pose when needed. After a dozen shots from different angles I managed to get some images that helped with the anatomy of the pose.

Vampirella was penciled on 11" x 17" Strathmore 400 Series Bristol Board and painted with Golden fluid acrylics.



3 comments:

  1. Provocative and cute at the same time! Completely irresistible, Gene. Your better half really came through. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful piece Gene. Forry would be proud!

    ReplyDelete